If you are new to the world of sex toys and you’re not exactly sure what to get for yourself, hopefully, we can clear things up a bit with this article.
In the world of adult toys, there seems to be so much to choose from, but due to being inexperienced and uninformed, it might be a bit intimidating to actually make the final choice on what to get.
It all pretty much comes down to what feels good to your body and what will bring you the most pleasure.
No one wants to buy a toy and then end up not enjoying the sensations that it creates, which is very possible! Some toys might be a bit too intense depending on your level of sensitivity and what you are into. On the other hand, you might need something a bit more advanced in order to reach a climax.
To help you out, we have put together this guide to help you choose between Dildos vs Vibrators!
Dildos vs Vibrators – What will bring you the most pleasure?
What exactly is a dildo? A dildo is a penis-shaped item used to penetrate your sexual parts.
They are one of the oldest sex toys that have been bringing pleasure to people for a long time now. Dildos are also made from various materials such as rubber, glass, plastic and silicone, but as time goes by, they are becoming more and more like the real deal.
You can choose whether you want to keep it for only solo play, but you are also more than welcome to use it on your sexual partner for foreplay or to make them climax.
So, how do you know if you will enjoy the sensation of a dildo? Here are some pointers to help you understand them a bit better:
- They are used to penetrate and not for external use, so if you are looking for a more realistic feel, then dildos are definitely for you.
- It can be used by both male and female in order to explore your own body or your partners which means it is both suitable for vaginal and anal penetration.
- They can be used as strap-ons which can really spice things up in the bedroom if you are in a homosexual relationship.
- They are pretty simple to use as they are manually operated – no buttons, batteries, settings or confusing attributes to try and figure out.
- There are different shapes and sizes to choose from, which makes it very convenient. If you are just starting off, there is a guaranteed size to help you start off. If you are looking to go up one level, there will always be a bigger dildo available to purchase.
- They are very easy to keep clean as they are not battery operated.
As you can see, dildos are fairly simple toys. We think they are great to start off with – whether you have had sexual intercourse with someone before or not. All you really need to decide on here is if you want to have penetration or not. If you aren’t quite ready for that yet, then the Vibrator will most likely be your best first choice.
Unlike dildos, vibrators can be used for either or both internal and external pleasure. You get vibrators that are small and discreet that are used for only clitoral stimulation and then you also get ones that have an insertable aspect to it as well. This would mean that you are getting double the stimulation – both external and internal.
There is a large variety of vibrators to choose from nowadays, which might also make it a bit intimidating, but after this, we’re pretty sure you’ll know what to do!
Here are some more details on vibrators:
- They are battery operated – either with a charger or with loose batteries that you have to replace once they run out.
- There are different settings on vibrators that allow you to choose the amount of stimulation that you want. Some even have different vibration patterns that will spice things up nicely!
- Some vibrators are so advanced that they can connect to your cellular device and vibrate to the beat of your music.
- They can be used for either clitoral or prostate stimulation, so they can also be used for both male and female.
- You can have double the trouble, as mentioned before. If you can’t climax without clitoral stimulation, this is a great option for you!
- They are a bit harder to clean as you need to take precaution for the batteries and charging unit.
Vibrators aren’t that much different to dildos, especially not the ones that can be used for penetration as well.
This is a great place to start off at if you have never owned a sex toy before, but can also be added to your collection if you do not have one yet!
So, have you made up your mind on which one sounds best when it comes to dildos vs vibrators? If you liked the sound of both, why not get yourself one of each and explore your body in ways like you have never before.
At the end of the day, the only thing we look for in adult toys is to be pleased – especially in those solo play times when you have nothing else to use.
That concludes our article on dildos vs vibrators and we hope you will be making your first purchase soon.